A sportsman, possibly Rowlandson, with hounds setting out from Hengar House, Cornwall
- Watercolour and pen and ink over pencil
- 8 × 10 ¾ inches · 203 × 273 mm
- Inscribed verso: Hengar House the seat of Matthw. Mitchell [sic] Esqr., Cornwal
- Frank T Sabin, London, 1949;
- Private collection, Dorset, 1977;
- Anthony Reed, London, 1978;
- Davis & Long Co., New York, 1978;
- Mimi and Sanford Feld, New York, acquired from the above 1978, to 2012.
- Anthony Reed, London, and Davis & Long Company, New York, 1978, English Sketches and Studies, no. 30, repr.;
- Emily Lowe Gallery, Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 1980, British Watercolors and Drawings 1750-1910, no. 70, repr. on cover;
- Museum of Art, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, and Aspen Center for the Visual Arts, Colorado, Selections from the Collection of Mimi and Sanford Feld, 1981, no. 43, repr.;
- Davis & Langdale Co., New York, 1985, British Drawings 1760-1925: A Loan Exhibition, no. 14, repr;
- New York, The Frick Collection, Pittsburgh, The Frick Art Museum and Baltimore, Museum of Art, 1990, The Art of Thomas Rowlandson, no. 56, repr.
- Bernard Falk, Thomas Rowlandson: His Life and Art, 1949, pp. 119-121, repr. facing p. 28;
- John Hayes, Rowlandson Watercolours and Drawings, 1972, repr. p. 19, fig. 6;
- John Hayes, The Art of Thomas Rowlandson, 1990, exhibition catalogue, pp. 140-41, cat. no. 56, repr. p. 141.
Private collection, UK