Joseph Michael Gandy
Entablature and capital from the arch of Septimius Severus
- Pencil, pen and grey ink, grey and brown wash, partial watermark AND DALEY
- 25 ½ × 18 inches · 647 × 457 mm
- Signed, inscribed and dated 'Composite Order/ Entablature/ and Capital in the/ Arch of Septimus/ Severs/ Joseph Gandy/ 1796'
- Anonymous sale; Sotheby's, New York, 1st October 1994, lot 204;
- Private collection to 2016.
- J. Summerson, Heavenly Mansions, New York, 1996, pp. 133-134.
Private collection, UK