The Fondamenta Nuove, Venice
- Pencil, watercolour and gouache
- 3 ½ × 10 ½ inches · 90 × 265 mm
- Inscribed: by JR and on the verso (5)
- Private collection, UK;
- Anonymous sale; Sotheby’s, London, 14th November 1996, lot 234;
- Private collection, UK, purchased from the above, to 2016.
- Oxford, Christ Church Picture Gallery, Master Drawings by John Ruskin, 2000, no catalogue number;
- Edinburgh, National Galleries of Scotland, and Ottawa, National Gallery of Canada, John Ruskin: Artist and Observer, 2014, no. 65.
- Paul H Walton, Master Drawings by John Ruskin: selections from the David Thomson collection, 2000, pp. 180-182, repr. in colour pl 26;
- Christopher Baker, Ian Jeffrey and Conal Shields, John Ruskin: Artist and Observer, exh. cat., Edinburgh (National Galleries of Scotland), 2014, pp. 210-211, no. 65, repr.
Private collection, USA