Orestes standing over the bodies of Clytemnestra and Aegisthus
- Pencil, strengthened with ink
- 8 × 11 ½ inches · 203 × 292 mm
- Drawn circa 1795
- Thomas Hope, acquired from the artist;
- Lord Francis Hope Pelham-Clinton-Hope by descent, 1917;
- Pelham-Clinton-Hope sale, Humbert & Flint, 1917;
- Scott & Fowles, New York by 1918;
- Private collection, USA.
- New York, Scott & Fowles, 1918, Exhibition of Original Drawings by John Flaxman RA, 1918, cat. no.60 (‘Orestes).
- Martin Birnbaum (ed.), Catalogue of an Exhibition of Original Drawings by John Flaxman RA, Scott & Fowles, New York, 1918, cat. no. 60 (‘Orestes), p. 31.
Private collection, USA