Studies for ‘America: A Prophecy’ and an early treatment of ‘Job’
- 8 1/16 × 9 11/16 inches · 204 × 246 mm
- A newly discovered double-sided sheet of drawings.
Recto: Job and his family.
Verso: Studies for ‘America: A Prophecy’ and other drawings.
- Charles Augustus Tulk, acquired from the artist, possibly in 1816;
- Louisa Susanna Ley (née Tulk), daughter of the above (1819-1848);
- James Peard Ley (1807-1885), husband of the above;
- James Verchild Ley, son of the above;
- James Richard Ley, by direct descent, 2010;
- And by descent, 2012.
- Robert N. Essick, ‘Blake in the Marketplace, 2011’, Blake, an Illustrated Quarterly, vol. XLV, no.4, Spring 2012, p.109.
Private collection, USA